Seven teams of collaborative researchers from across Colorado State University will be working together on some of our most pressing global problems, thanks to innovative investments from the Office of the Vice President of Research.
The ability to use scientific discoveries to drive technological solutions to our most pressing global problems will require the integration of multiple disciplines and the formation of innovative partnerships across sectors.
Teams will be seeded with a critical mass of funding up to $200,000 for two years and provided infrastructural support to seek partners and resources to create and deliver novel solutions for some of our most important problems. These relationships will nurture the creation and delivery of solutions in energy, health, and the environment.
CIP Mission Statement
The mission of the Catalyst for Innovative Partnerships (CIP) program is to facilitate and position Colorado State University, through the creation and support of interdisciplinary research teams tackling grand societal and scientific challenges, to achieve greater regional, national, and global impact, in accordance with our land grant heritage.
The objectives of the CIP program are:
- Create interdisciplinary teams, which include significant external partners, to achieve the impact stated in the program mission
- Successfully translate knowledge and research into tangible products outside the walls of the University
- Transform academic research into action, by informing and impacting policy and decision makers
- Leverage initial CIP funding to increase financial investments into the key areas of focus for the CIP teams
- Leverage all program funding to drive toward large, multidisciplinary, multi-partner, multi-year, multi-million dollar (i.e. “Multi-X”) proposals within 5 years, with the ultimate goal of Multi-X proposals in excess of $10M
- Drive team sustainability and continued impact, beyond the 2-year Catalyst program scope of support
- Through the CIP teams, increase visibility of CSU’s world-class research programs to external audiences
- Show the importance, relevance, and success of interdisciplinary research to internal (CSU) audiences