Office: AZ E206A
Phone: (970) 491-3353
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=mBEVGCkAAAAJ&hl=en
- Ph.D. Biochemistry, University of Colorado at Boulder
- M.S. Biochemistry, University of Colorado at Boulder
- B.S. Biochemistry, University of Massachusetts at Amherst
Concept Learning Inventories (CLIs) are powerful tools currently used in educational research in order measure student learning. Many CLIs have been developed for a variety of disciplines including physics, molecular biology, introductory biology, microbiology, etc. However, a CLI for a single semester biochemistry course, such as BC351, does not exist. My current reserach involves developing a Concept Learning Inventory for a single semester biochemistry course BC351. In addition, I currently teach Principles of Biochemistry BC351, Comprehensive Biochemistry Laboratory BC404 and mentor biochemistry students for their Thesis BC499. I also serve on the Undergraduate Affairs Committee and advise biochemistry students.
- Defining the Significance of Insulin-like Growth Factor 2 mRNA-binding Protein 1 (IGF2BP1) Expression in both Human and Canine Osteosarcoma. FASEB Journal, Issue 1_supplement, 2019.
- Principles of Biochemistry Great River Learning, 2016.
- Transcription factor Ets1 cooperates with estrogen receptor α to stimulate estradiol-dependent growth in breast cancer cells and tumors. PloS one, 7, 2013.
- Anthracycline-Formaldehyde Conjugates and Their Targeted ProdrugsAnthracycline Chemistry and Biology II Springer, 2008.
- Doxazolidine induction of apoptosis by a topoisomerase II independent mechanism Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2007.
- Design, synthesis, and preliminary evaluation of doxazolidine carbamates as prodrugs activated by carboxylesterases Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2006.
- Antiestrogen binding site and estrogen receptor mediate uptake and distribution of 4-hydroxytamoxifen-targeted doxorubicin-formaldehyde conjugate in breast cancer cells Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2004.
- Doxorubicin-formaldehyde conjugates targeting αvB3 integrin Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, 2004.