- Tingting Yao was recently promoted to Associate Professor with tenure.
- Professor emeritus Jim Bamburg was awarded CSU’s Experienced Investigator Individual Interdisciplinary Impact Award.
- Anthony Tu, professor emeritus, received a lifetime Achievement Award from the Toxicology Society of India.
- The College of Natural Science’s Early Career Excellence in Teaching & Mentoring Award was awarded to BMB faculty member Santiago Di Pietro in 2013-14 and to BMB joint faculty member, Brain McNaughton in 2014-15.
- Santiago DiPietro was promoted to Associate Professor with tenure in 2014.
- Shing Ho was named a fellow of the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry for contributions towards the official definition of the “halogen bond.”
- Karolin Luger, CSU Distinguished Professor and HHMI Investigator, was elected a fellow of the Biophysical Society, in recognition to her contributions to the study of how genes are packaged and expressed in eukaryotic cells. In addition, she was honored on campus with CSU’s Jack E. Cermak Advising Award.
- Robert Woody’s contributions to biomolecular spectroscopy were highlighted in an article from BmSI accompanying an invited review in Biomedical Spectroscopy and Imaging.